1-903, 18 Eonju-ro 146-gil,
Gangnam-gu, Seoul, Korea
Businesses all use advertising methods to first increase their brand awareness before it can generate leads for their brand. Google’s ads campaign is one of the best resources for all advertisers to optimize their advertising efforts, and Google provides a multitude of tools that can be used along with Google’s ads to enhance the effectiveness of an ad campaign.
This blog article will explore one such tool that Google provides to advertisers to use along with their ad campaigns. Read more to find out the benefits of using a Performance Planner for business.
What Is Performance Planner?
As the name suggests, it is a plan that advertisers can create to track the performance of their ad campaigns. Advertisers can create plans for their available budget and other changes to their ads according to their business requirements.
Once these plans have been updated advertisers will be able to see how these changes affect their ad campaign performance. This allows advertisers to determine their google ads budget for maximum growth and what they can do differently from their current google ads campaigns.
How Does a Performance Planner Work?
So how does a performance planner serve your business? Google is a vast sea of information, and this information is being changed and updated every second. When a user types something on their search bar, Google keeps track of these searches to support its analytics.
The planner analyses trends in Google Search, Google Display Ads, and other tools by Google, along with fluctuating metrics like seasonality, competitor activity, and landing page on an average of 7-10 days. Using the metrics and insights gathered during this time frame it provides an update once every 24 hours about suitable ad auctions and optimizing your ad budget accordingly. Through machine learning, it forecasts the performance of the campaign types implemented, and how they can improve different areas from ad copy to budget for maximum growth.
What Are the Requirements to Use Performance Planner?
There are certain requirements that your different campaign types must meet to make a performance planner serve your business goals.
- Atleast one of the following bidding strategies: manual CPC, enhanced CPC, max clicks, max conversions, ROAS or target CPA
- Minimum running time of 72 hours
- Minimum 3 clicks 7 days prior to the analysis
- Conversion-focused campaigns with atleast one conversion in the past 7 days
Shopping Campaigns (Smart and Standard)
- Minimum 100 conversions/conversion values in the past 7 days
- Minimum 10 conversions/conversion values in the last 10 days
- Campaign activity for the last 10 days with minimal of $10 spent from budget for ads
- Standard Shopping ads not limited by total budget in 10 days
Display Campaigns (Smart and Standard)
- Unchanged bid strategies in the last 7 days
- Minimum running time of 7 days
- Minimum 5 conversions or 20 clicks for Maximize clicks and more than $10 budget for ads in the last 10 days
- Not constrained by ad budget
- Minimum running time of 10 days
- Unchanged bid strategies in the last 10 days
- Minimum of 10 conversions in the last 10 days
- Not constrained by ad budget
- Utilize application install ads with target cost-per-install (tCPI), target cost-per-action (tCPA), or app engagement ads with target cost-per-action (tCPA) bidding strategies
- Optimized for store visits
- Activity for 30 days
- Average daily spend of $500 or more in the last 30 days
- Have enough data of store visits in the last 30 days
- Optimization not constrained to only calls and direction
- Not implementing shared budgets
Campaigns that are deleted, in experiment or draft state, and have been altered to meet eligibility requirements but have a running time of fewer than 10 days.
Why Your Business Should Use Performance Planner?
Does a performance planner serve your business’ ad campaigns? Is that why you should use it? We have the correct answer for you. Here’s why you should use this terrific tool.
Helps You Predict Campaign Performance
Wanting to make changes to your pay-per-click (PPC) ad campaigns is common, but advertisers worry about how this will affect the performance of their ads. This tool helps forecast how ad campaigns’ outcomes will change according to your changes to budget decisions and other factors. You will gain an understanding of the possible impact on your clicks, and conversions. Consequently, you will be able to determine how these changes will impact your future spending potential. You can thus save time, and increase conversions by predicting your ad performance beforehand and making the relevant adjustments.
Takes Out the Guesswork
You don’t need to assume what changes will work for or fail your ad campaign performance. Through real insights backed by data, you can easily drive budget decisions and other changes for maximum growth of your business through campaigns.
Helps You Maximize Your Budget
This tool helps you determine the best way of optimizing your ad budget for maximum growth. By trying different combinations of your total budget allocation around your PPC campaigns, you can find out how effective or not a change in your budget is for overall ad campaign performance.
How to Create A New Plan In Google Ads Performance Planner?
Here is a guide to how you can create a new plan using this terrific tool.
- Sign in to your Google Ads account, and navigate to the tools icon to select Performance Planner.
- Select ‘Create a new plan’ and choose the campaigns you want in your plan.
- Select the campaigns you want to include in your plan, ensuring you include campaigns with expected higher ROI performance.
- Enter the primary metric you want to evaluate, and the time frame of it.
- You can also choose to set optimal bids.
- Select Continue to be taken to your plan forecast page.
A performance planner is an excellent tool that helps you forecast and understand how changes to your ad campaigns can impact the overall performance of your ads. Google display ads, search ads, and all other types of ad campaigns have to meet a set of criteria to use the tool, and these criteria ensure you create quality advertisements.
Using the projected performance, you can make adjustments to your google ads budgets in a way that you identify the best budget for maximum growth of your brand. You can also implement all other changes to your ads by first analyzing how it affects the metrics you intend to measure.